
Williamsburg was settled around 1856 and known as Mill Creek. In 1860 the town was moved south about 1/4 mile to the railroad and renamed Williamsburg. [MPN]
Photo Info: Top, the PM depot at Williamsburg with a steam locomotive in attendance. This photo was taken around 1910, 2nd photo, a "birds eye" view of the Williamsburg depot and water lower. [Both, Alan Loftis collection]
1902. The PM builds a station here to replace one destroyed by fire. Also, yard protection signals have been installed here. [MCR-1903]
The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]: