Station: Swartz Creek, MI

GTW Depot and Elevator at Swartz CreekSwartz Creek was settled about 1836 and called Miller Settlement. in 1843 to was changed to Swartz Creek. The Grand Trunk Western railroad came through about 1876 and called the village Hamilton, but that was changed to Swartz Creek in 1880. The town became a village in 1958. [MPN]

Swartz Creek was located on the Grand Trunk Western (later CN) line between Flint and Lansing, about 10 miles west of downtown Flint.

Photo info: A early postcard view of the GTW depot and elevator at Swartz Creek. [Alan Loftis collection]


Time Line

1918. The Grand Trunk had an operator here around the clock. [TRT]

Station: Swartz Creek, MI

GTW Depot and Elevator at Swartz CreekSwartz Creek was settled about 1836 and called Miller Settlement. in 1843 to was changed to Swartz Creek. The Grand Trunk Western railroad came through about 1876 and called the village Hamilton, but that was changed to Swartz Creek in 1880. The town became a village in 1958. [MPN]

Swartz Creek was located on the Grand Trunk Western (later CN) line between Flint and Lansing, about 10 miles west of downtown Flint.

Photo info: A early postcard view of the GTW depot and elevator at Swartz Creek. [Alan Loftis collection]


Time Line

1918. The Grand Trunk had an operator here around the clock. [TRT]

Bibliography

The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]:

  • [AAB| = All Aboard!, by Willis Dunbar, Eerdmans Publishing, Grand Rapids ©1969.
  • [AAN] = Alpena Argus newspaper.
  • [AARQJ] = American Association of Railroads Quiz Jr. pamphlet. © 1956
  • [AATHA] = Ann Arbor Railroad Technical and Historical Association newsletter "The Double A"
  • [AB] = Information provided at Michigan History Conference from Andrew Bailey, Port Huron, MI

Contact Us

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

 
Email: webmaster@michiganrailroads.com

Social