Location: Atwood Junction, MI

Atwood Junction, in Genesee County, was on the south side of Flint on the Pere Marquette main line which went north through downtown. The railroad built the Flint Belt, which bypassed downtown Flint and went north through South and North Kearsley, rejoining the PM main line at McGrew Yard. Atwood Junction at the location of the south connection of the Flint Belt.

Location: Atwood Junction, MI

Atwood Junction, in Genesee County, was on the south side of Flint on the Pere Marquette main line which went north through downtown. The railroad built the Flint Belt, which bypassed downtown Flint and went north through South and North Kearsley, rejoining the PM main line at McGrew Yard. Atwood Junction at the location of the south connection of the Flint Belt.

Bibliography

The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]:

  • [AAB| = All Aboard!, by Willis Dunbar, Eerdmans Publishing, Grand Rapids ©1969.
  • [AAN] = Alpena Argus newspaper.
  • [AARQJ] = American Association of Railroads Quiz Jr. pamphlet. © 1956
  • [AATHA] = Ann Arbor Railroad Technical and Historical Association newsletter "The Double A"
  • [AB] = Information provided at Michigan History Conference from Andrew Bailey, Port Huron, MI

Contact Us

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

 
Email: webmaster@michiganrailroads.com

Social