Location: Delta, MI - Claud R. Erickson Power Plant

This power plant is owned by the Lansing Board of Water & Light. It is located in Delta Township, Eaton County,  It is located in the southeast corner of Mullet Highway and S. Canal Road. It is served off of the CN (GTW) main line.


Notes

The plant opened in 1973 and over the years used ex-GTW locomotives, including an RS-1, GP-7 and GP-9. [CGJ/GTWHS-2021-Sum]

There is a 6-track yard which was used for receiving coal, as well as a coal storage pile.


Time Line

1973. Plant is opened.

 

Location: Delta, MI - Claud R. Erickson Power Plant

This power plant is owned by the Lansing Board of Water & Light. It is located in Delta Township, Eaton County,  It is located in the southeast corner of Mullet Highway and S. Canal Road. It is served off of the CN (GTW) main line.


Notes

The plant opened in 1973 and over the years used ex-GTW locomotives, including an RS-1, GP-7 and GP-9. [CGJ/GTWHS-2021-Sum]

There is a 6-track yard which was used for receiving coal, as well as a coal storage pile.


Time Line

1973. Plant is opened.

 

Bibliography

The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]:

  • [AAB| = All Aboard!, by Willis Dunbar, Eerdmans Publishing, Grand Rapids ©1969.
  • [AAN] = Alpena Argus newspaper.
  • [AARQJ] = American Association of Railroads Quiz Jr. pamphlet. © 1956
  • [AATHA] = Ann Arbor Railroad Technical and Historical Association newsletter "The Double A"
  • [AB] = Information provided at Michigan History Conference from Andrew Bailey, Port Huron, MI

Contact Us

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

 
Email: webmaster@michiganrailroads.com

Social