Station: Deford, MI

Deford MI Depot and Train Deford was settled about 1884. A station was established by the Pontiac, Oxford & Northern here called Bruce. It was quickly changed to Deford. [MPN] Deford is located about five miles south of Cass City in Tuscola County.

Image info: This is the PO&N depot at Deford, with a train in front. The crew is posed for the photo. [CMUL]


Notes


Time Line

1917. The GTW had an agent here during the day shift. [TRT]

Station: Deford, MI

Deford MI Depot and Train Deford was settled about 1884. A station was established by the Pontiac, Oxford & Northern here called Bruce. It was quickly changed to Deford. [MPN] Deford is located about five miles south of Cass City in Tuscola County.

Image info: This is the PO&N depot at Deford, with a train in front. The crew is posed for the photo. [CMUL]


Notes


Time Line

1917. The GTW had an agent here during the day shift. [TRT]

Bibliography

The following sources are utilized in this website. [SOURCE-YEAR-MMDD-PG]:

  • [AAB| = All Aboard!, by Willis Dunbar, Eerdmans Publishing, Grand Rapids ©1969.
  • [AAN] = Alpena Argus newspaper.
  • [AARQJ] = American Association of Railroads Quiz Jr. pamphlet. © 1956
  • [AATHA] = Ann Arbor Railroad Technical and Historical Association newsletter "The Double A"
  • [AB] = Information provided at Michigan History Conference from Andrew Bailey, Port Huron, MI

Contact Us

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

Invalid Input

 
Email: webmaster@michiganrailroads.com

Social