Station: Shelby, MI
Shelby was settled about 1866. The Chicago & West Michigan (later PM/C&O) came through about 1872 and the town became a village in 1885. [MPN]
Shelby was on the PM's Pentwater Branch about 15 miles south of Pentwater.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a passenger train arrives at Shelby with a crowd standing by. Comment indicates that this is a train headed for New Era. [Stoner Collection, UMB]. 2nd photo, two PM passenger trains pull through Shelby about 1900. [Dan Meinhard collection]. 3rd photo, the PM depot at Shelby. [Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd photo, a 2003 photo of what reportedly is the former PM depot. [Alan Loftis]