Began → Quinnesec Mine → Became
Operated from 57 years.
From: 1878
Location: SE Sec. 34 of T40N-R30W
Owned by: In 1877 leased by the Menominee Mining Company. Formerly operated by Corrigan McKinney Steel Col. Acquired by Republic Steel Corp[. in 1935.
Produced: Iron Ore - semi hard, reddish-brown, siliceous, crushed.
Method: Open pit and stoping methods (underground).
Railroad connection: C&NW branch 2,300' long connection with main line on east side of village. Also. MILW.
Until: 1935
Lifetime Production: 512,235 tons between 1878-1935.
Quinnesec mine has ore pockets of 200 ton capacity each, 32 feet high, top of them laid with double tram road.
First ore shipped in March, 1878. 25,925 tons.