Timeline - 2014
February: FN Tower in Trenton Michigan is torn down. This was the former crossing of the Michigan Central, Lake Shore, DT&I and D&TSL. [MRF-07/15]
July 28, 2014. Detroit breaks ground on its new light-rail line, the M-1, running along Woodward Ave. between Grand Blvd. and Congress, a distance of 3.3 miles. The line will pass the Detroit Amtrak Station.
November: Canadian Pacific approaches CSX about merging the two railroads. The offer is rebuffed by CSX leadership. [WSJ]
Decemberr 14: The Dearborn Amtrak station (in the Civic Center) closes and moves to the new John Dingell Transit Center in West Dearborn. The old station is now the Maryann Wright Animal Adoption & Education Center. [MRL]
No general entries.
- Railroad event in Michigan
- Event relating to mining
- Event related to car ferries
- Event outside of Michigan
- Improvement in Technology
- Railroad built or extended
- Railroad abandoned and/or removed
- Economic panic or depression