Raco Air Force Station, Raco, MI (1940)
Built (1940) → Raco Air Force Station → Closed (1972). Became auto test facility.
Built by: U.S. Army
Military Use: Defense of Soo Locks. Refueling of aircraft to Alaska. BOMARC missile site.
Now managed by the Hiawatha National Forest and leased for use as a winter automotive testing facility.
Received rail service from a siding on the Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic branch line between Soo Junction and Sault Ste. Marie.