Fort: Fort Brady, Sault Ste. Marie, MI (1822)
Built (1822) → Fort Brady → Closed (1944)
Built by: U.S. Army
Military Use: Guard against British incursions from Canada.
The original location of the fort, known as Old Fort Brady, was along the Saint Mary's River. The fort was moved to a new location on higher ground in 1893 with the new location known as New Fort Brady. It was closed in 1944. It is now a Michigan State Historic site.