Fort: Fort Holmes, Mackinac Island, MI (1814)
Built as Fort George (1814) → Fort Holmes → Abandoned in 1815 (Now a state park)
Built by: British
Military Use: To defend Fort Mackinac.
Built at the highest point on Mackinac Island in 1814 by the British forces during the War of 1812. The fort helped defend nearby Fort Mackinac from attack by the U.S. Army. This was originally Fort George.