Timeline - 2018
- Spring. The Lake State Railway installs new sidings at Grayling for the purposes of bringing in tanks and other military equipment.
- June, 2018. The Michigan Central depot in downtown Detroit changes hands. The new owner, the Ford Motor Company purchases the building and surrounding lands for the purpose of expanding their mobility development operations. Renovations are predicted to be in excess of $100 million.
- June, 2018: Pleasant Street Tower in Grand Rapids has been demolished. The tower was located at milepost 151.3 of the CSX Plymouth subdivision, south of Wealthy Street. This brick structure was built following the closure of Union Station, and was at least the second tower in the area, replacing Second Avenue Tower, a wooden structure. [PMT]
- August, 2018. The Lake State Railway takes over switching on the CN branch in Port Huron which ends at Lake St. Clair. The LSRC is leasing the track.
- CN requires Amtrak to have at least 30 axles in a train (eight cars/locomotives) to insure shunting of track circuits to set signals and activate crossing gates, following a double fatal highway collision near Charlotte in 2004. [TR-11-2019]
- Railroad event in Michigan
- Event relating to mining
- Event related to car ferries
- Event outside of Michigan
- Improvement in Technology
- Railroad built or extended
- Railroad abandoned and/or removed
- Economic panic or depression