Station: Ruth, MI
Ruth was settled about 1855 in southeast Huron County. It was a station on the Pere Marquette railroad 11 miles inland southwest of Harbor Beach. The town was also known as Adam's Corners. [MPN]
In 1898, the F&PM had a flag stop here for passenger trains and a 10-car passing siding. There was no regular station agent.
Photo Info/credit: Top, an early view of the depot at Ruth with two gentlemen standing near the train order signal. [T.J. Gaffney collection]. 2nd photo, the same depot at a later date, somewhat worse for wear. [Alan Loftis collection]. 3rd and 4th photos, an unidentified train wreck near Ruth. Note the derrick placing damaged wheel sets on the flat car deck. [T.J. Gaffney collection]