Station: Port Austin, MI
Port Austin was settled about 1839 as a location of a sawmill on Lake Huron in Huron County. It was the county seat from 1865 to 1875. The town is 18 miles north of Bad Axe. It was known by various names such as Dwightville, Austin's Dock and Austin's Port in the early days. The town became a village in 1887.
In 1898, the F&PM had a station agent here, as well as water the coal facilities for locomotives. Three trains were scheduled here daily, except Sunday. There was no service on Sunday.