Location: Calumet, MI - More Photographs
In the 1800's, what is now known as Laurium was called Calumet, and what is now known as Calumet was called "Red Jacket. The mining operations were in the area between the two towns.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, a panoramic view of Calumet and Red Jacket in 1881. 2nd photo, a Soo Line bicentennial locomotive 1776 (a GP-35) is photographed at Calumet in 1977. The Calumet & Hecla overpass is in the background. [Rob Kitchen]