Station: Alston, MI

Alston was a town on the DSS&A branch line between Keweenaw Bay and Mass City at milepost 15.9, 15 miles east of Mass City in Houghton County. This location was formally known as Laird. This was in Section 33 of T51N-R35W. [DSSM]

A lumber mill was built at Alston to provide stuhls and lagging to the Mass Mine and other properties in the region. [DSS]


Timeline:

1918. The DSS&A had an agent/operator at this location during the day. [TRT]