Station: Siemans, MI
Siemans was a station on the Chicago & Northwestern railroad between Bessemer and Ironwood. It was founded around 1894 and had a saw mill.
On the Soo Line (WC), Siemans had a 31 car passing siding in 1961 and the C&NW had an ore sorting yard here as well as an interchange to the Soo Line.
The C&NW has a wye here, as well as branches to serve the Puritan, Geneva, and Newport mines.
1918. The C&NW had telegraph operators here around the clock. [TRT]