Industry: Flint, MI - Durant-Dort Carriage Factory
Durant-Dort Carriage Factory - 316 West Water Street, Flint. First built carriages, then automobile bodies.Until 1895 called the Flint Road Car Company. In 1900, this was the largest horse-drawn vehicle company in the United States. Carriages were made until 1917 when the factory was converted to building automobiles for the Dort Motor Company. [Wiki] This facility was located on the Grand Trunk Western main line in downtown Flint.
Photo Info/Credit: a postcard view of the factory about 1913. [Detroit Public Library collection]