Print

Station: Lake George, MI

Lake George was settled in 1880 as a lumber settlement on the Toledo, Ann Arbor & Northern railroad. It was located at mp 194.2 near George Lake about 12 miles northwest of Farwell. The railroad had a passing siding here with a 93 car capacity.


Notes 


Time Line

1916. The railroad builds a new coaling station here. [MCR-1916]

1925. July 29. The Ann Arbor railroad had a head on collision here killing one person. ICC Report [PDF]