Station: Sherwood, MI
Sherwood, in Branch County, was settled around 1832 and first called Hazenville. It received the name Sherwood in 1839. [MPN] The town was located on the Michigan Central railroad "Air Line" branch in the far northwest corner of Branch County.
Photo info/credit: Top, the MC depot at Sherwood [Alan Loftis collection] in 1910. 2nd photo, another view of the depot. elevator and pickle factory. Bottom, a photo of the Athens Hardwood Company skidder in operation at Sherwood, date unknown. [Mark Worall collection]
1920 - On the Michigan Central, this is a passenger, freight and express agency joint with the American Railway Express Company. Interline tickets are not issued. H. O. Billings is the agent. The telegraph call sign is "HD". [MCOAS]