Station: North Detroit, MI

The North Detroit area was settled about 1868 as Dalton Corners. When the Detroit & Bay City railroad (later MC/NYC/PC/Conrail) came through here, they established a station called Norris. It was renamed North Detroit about 1891. An 1895 Silas, Farmer & Co. map indicates that the depot here was at the southeast corner of the railroad and Nevada Avenue crossing. ]LOC]. Howeve, the town was generally described as between Six and Seven Mile Roads, and Mound Road and Van Dyke Avenue. It was absorbed by the City of Detroit. [MPN]

The Michigan Central had a freight house and team track at North Detroit, on their Bay City branch at Nevada Avenue. [MCTC-1950]