Station: New Boston, MI
New Boston was settled about 1820 and originally called Catville. It was renamed New Boston in 1868. [MPN] New Boston was served by the Pere Marquette Railroad and is located in Huron Township, Wayne County, about four miles south of Romulus.
Photo Info: This is the New Boston depot in 1914. [Louis Niemann photo, Jim Pershing Collection]
1898. New Boston was a flag stop and the railroad had a day agent here. It also had water facilities for locomotives. [FPMTT-1898-0216]
1945. The MSPC allows the railroad to reassign the New Boston agent to a different location. The railroad is required to maintain a caretaker at the station. [MPSC-1945]