Location: Detroit, MI - Clark Avenue Interlocking

Clark Avenue was the location of an interlocking tower on the Union Belt of Detroit. It was located about half way between Fort Street Union Station and Delray and the operator here controlled crossovers and the highway signals.


1905. The PM installs a new interlocking plant here. [PMAR-1905]

1929: The PM installs a new interlocker made by US&S, which includes 10 electric levers and six power-operated switches. This interlocking includes the Union Belt as well as the Detroit street railway on Clark. [RSC-1930]