Station: Atkins, MI
Atkins was settled in St. Clair County about 1837. [MPN] The town was located on the Port Huron & Northwestern narrow gauge railroad line which ran between Port Huron and Bad Axe, about 15 miles northwest of downtown Port Huron. In 1898, Atkins had a 7-car passing siding. Though the station had a daytime station agent, it was a flag stop for passenger trains in 1898.