Station: Evart, MI
Evart was settled about 1870. It became a village in 1872 and a city in 1938. [MPN] Evart was located on the Flint & Pere Marquette's Saginaw to Ludington line in southern Osceola County. It is about 15 miles east of Reed City.
Photo Info/Credit: Top, an old view of the Pere Marquette Evart depot with an arriving passenger train. The signal mast in front of the depot held train order/block signals for both directions. It was larger than most block signals of the day. [Alan Loftis collection]. 2nd photo, a view of the depot in 1986 under CSX ownership. The signal in front of the station controls the entrance to the controlled siding on the Saginaw to Ludington main line. [Charlie Whipp]. 3rd photo, a 2004 photo of the renovated Evart depot, with tracks gone. [Alan Loftis]