Station: Hauptman, MI
Hauptman was a station stop on the Michigan Central's Mackinaw line about two miles south of West Branch. From this location, a forest branch line left the main line going west to Houghton Lake (Edno/Prudenville) in Roscommon County. In 1897 the railroad had a 2,300' passing siding here which held about 57 cars. This was also known as Hauptman Junction.