Station: Loranger, MI
Loranger was a station stop on the Michigan Central Mackinaw Branch about five miles southeast of West Branch in Ogemaw County. From this point, a forest branch line left the Mackinaw Branch going about 10 miles south west to Edwards Lake.
July 18, 1913. William Killinger, who resides at Loranger on the Hauptman branch of the M.C.R.R. has been awarded a medal and $10 by the railroad company for discovering a broken rail, flagging a train, and averting a serious accident. The train, in charge of Conductor Walsh, was going at a rate of 60 miles per hour when flagged. [Clio Messenger-1913-0718]