Station: Faithorn, MI
Faithorn, in northwest Menominee County, was settled and occupied by four lumber firms: The Fence River Company; the Kirby, Carpenter Company; the Ludington Wells & Van Shaick; and the Hamilton & Merriman. The town was named after an official of the Wisconsin & Michigan railroad company which had a station here. [MPN]
Faithorn was a crossing at grade of the north-south W&M and the east-west Minneapolis, St. Paul & Sault Ste. Marie railroad (Soo Line) and was about two miles east of the Wisconsin state line, and eight miles west of Hermansville.
1917. The CMStP&P had an agent operator here on the day shift. [TRT]