Station: Wallace, MI

CNW Wallace MI DepotWallace was a lumber town which the railroad encouraged through a land grant for forest lands. It was settled in the early 1870's. [MPN]

Wallace was located about six miles south of Stephenson in Menominee County and is located on the Chicago & North Western railroad (now CN) main line between Menominee and Escanaba.

Photo Info/Credit: The C&NW depot at Wallace. [Alan Loftis collection]


1918. The C&NW had a station operator agent here on the day shift. [TRT]