Railroad: Mineral Range Railroad Company
Built → Mineral Range RR → DSS&A
3' gauge until 1898, then standard gauge.
Built: 1873 - Hancock to Calumet.
Gained control: 1901 - of Hancock & Calumet. (Acquired in 1935)
Leased: 1902 - Mohawk Mining Company railroad.
Assigned Lease: 1917 - Mohawk Mining Company railroad to Copper Range railroad.
Merged: 1949 - into Duluth, South Shore & Atlantic. (Control sometime earlier).
Dates of line and branches built:
- Houghton to Calumet - October 11, 1873
- Hancock to Calument - December 1, 1885 (originally H&C)
- Lake Junction to Lake Linden - December 1, 1885 (originally H&C)
- Calumet to Allouez - March 12, 1887 (originally H&C)
- Allouez to Fulton - October 28, 18l91 (originally H&C)
- Arcadian Jct. to Arcadian Mine - October 29, 1898
- Woodside to Grosse Point - December 1, 1898 (narrow gauge)
- Arcadian Mine to Grosse Point -0 July 28, 1899
- Keweenaw Bay to Riddle Jct. - December 23, 1900
In 1901, the railroad also had trackage rights on:
- DSS&A from Houghton south to Keweenaw Bay
- Tamarack-Osceola Mining Co. from Main Line to Cook's Camp (1.98 miles)
- Tamarach-Osceola Mining Co. from East Branch to end of track (2.47 miles)
- Mohawk Mining Co. from Main Line to Mophawk Mine (0.62 miles)
- Allouez Mining Co. from Main Line to Allouez Stamp Mill (2.15 miles)
In 1901 the railroad had 13 stations.