Railroad: Manistee & Grand Rapids Railroad Company
The Manistee & Grand Rapids railroad was built between Manistee to Marion in Osceola County and a connection with the Ann Arbor railroad between 1892 and reaching Marion in 1906. The line was reorganized as the Michigan East and West in 1913 and abandoned in 1912.
Built → Manistee & Grand Rapids RR → Michigan East and West
Operations Ended: 1913 - Forclosure sale to Michigan East & West.
1910 - In 1910, the M&GR ran one passenger train each way betwee Manistee and Marion via Tustin. This was likely a mixed train. [OGR]
1913 - Renamed Road is to Issue $1,000,000 Bonds. The Manistee & Grand Rapids railroad is a thing of the past and the Michigan East & West is the name o the line, 72 miles long, which runs through territory near Manistee. The state railroad commission today authorized a stock issue of $1,000,000 to the new company. The old road went through a receivership and has been reorganized under the new name and $200,000 will be used for the conveyance of assetts of the road. [St. Joseph Daily Press - 1913-1226]