Railroad: Fort Street Union Depot Company
This was a railroad in downtown Detroit created in 1893 to service the Union Depot Company. It was 1.37 miles long. In 1889, it was leased to the Detroit, Lansing & Northern, the Flint & Pere Marquette, the Wabash, and Canadian Pacific railroad jointly as part of the Union Belt of Detroit. It is now operated by the CSX and Norfollk Southern railroads.
Built → Fort Street Union Depot Co. → Union Belt of Detroit
Built: 1893 from 3rd Street to 18th Street in southwest Detroit.