Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center, Alpena, MI (1931)
Phelps Collins ANG base (1931) → Alpena Combat Readiness Training Center → Still in use.
Built by: Initially civilian, then Army Ciorps of Engineers.
Military Use: Air support and training center
This was originally the Phelps Collins Air National Guard base, which was estabblished in 1931 and became the Alpena Army Air Base in 1946. The station closed in 1954. It then became a joint civilian airport in conjunction with the air national guard. [Wiki and other sources]
The facility has no rail service.