Camp Grayling, Grayling, MI (1914)
Built (1914) → Camp Grayling → In use
Built by: National Guard
Military Use: National guard training facility.
Founded with a land grant from lumber baron Rasmus Hanson to the state for military training. Includes 147,000 acres in Crawford, Kalkaska and Otsego counties. The first troops began training here in 1914. [Wiki]
The main campus received rail service in the mid-20th century from a Michigan Central branch line (from Grayling to the camp). The ANG air base received rail service from the Michigan Central Mackinaw Branch and had a loop track here. There is no longer rail service to the main camp. The loop track at the ANG base is extant but seldom used.