Fort: Fort Wayne, Detroit, MI (1843)
Built (1843) → Fort Wayne → In use until 1870s (still exists)
Located on the Detroit River at the foot of Livernois in Springwells Township (now the City of Detroit). 96 acres. The Army Corps of Engineers still operates a boatyard here. This is a Michigan State Historic site.
This was Detroit's third fort, after Fort Detroit and Fort Shelby.
This location likely had rail service from the Michigan Central or Wabash railroads in the 1800's.