Fort: Fort Miami, St. Joseph, MI (1679)


Built (1679) → Fort Miami Destroyed (1680) Rebuilt (1681) Second Fort (1700) End status unknown)

Built by: French

Military Use: Mission and trading post


Located on the bank of the St. Joseph River at St. Joseph, MI. Destroyed the next year and rebuilt. Conquered by British about 1763. Fell to an indian raiding party during Pontiac's Rebellion in 17863 but returned to British the same year. [Wiki]