PM Black River Bascule BridgeLocation: Black River (PM) Bridge - Port Huron, MI

This bascule bridge is near the mouth of the Black River and was used by the C&O and predessor lines to travel from downtown north towards the thumb area.  The original bridge was built in 1859 and then rebuilt by the PM in 1913.  The bridge still stands in the upright position though it is no longer connected by rail.

Photo info/credits:  

Top - Looking out towards the St. Clair River.  2004 [Dan Meinhard]

Bottom - Two additional views of the bridge.  2002  [Dan Meinhard]

PM Port Huron Black River Bascule Bridge

PM Black River Bridge Downtown Port Huron